Paraeducator Training & Test Preparation
Support for becoming a Paraeducator
EGUSD Paraeducator (NCLB/ESSA Exam) – This is the minimum requirement for becoming a Paraeducator with EGUSD. Requirement can be met by any of the following:
- Certification – California Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
- EGUSD Paraeducator Examination
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- 48 semester units grade C or better or AA degree or higher. Official Transcripts required. Foreign transcripts must first be evaluated by foreign transcript evaluation center.
Paraeducator NCLB/ESSA Test Preparation Course – This class is designed to help those testers who have struggled to pass the Paraeducator Exam. Testers who have failed the exam will be sent a flyer promoting the class and they will be invited to register for an orientation and testing appointment. When space is available, they will be admitted into the class.
Tuesdays & Thursdays – 6-9 p.m. | Starting August 16, 2022 and running through the school year.
Paraeducator Training a NCLB/ESSA Paraeducator Test Preparation Orientation and Testing Appointment: Testers and students who wish to take either the Test Prep or Paraeducator Training classes will register for this orientation and testing appointment.
Paraeducator Training Certificate – This is a FREE, 72-hour training program certificate for those who want to learn the actual duties performed by Paraeducator in the classroom. This class covers:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Paraeducators
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Mandated Reporter
- Preparing lessons
- Behavior Intervention
- Disability Categories
- Making Modifications to Lessons
- Classroom Management
- Paraeducator Testing Requirements
Students will be issued a certificate of completion. This certificate does not substitute for the Paraeducator - NCLB/ESSA Exam.
Tuesdays and Thursday evenings – 6-9 p.m. | September 13-December 16, 2022 (Must attend the required orientation.)
Call: (916) 686-7717
Email: Therese Schultz at: email@example.com